Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest

Your Online Nestle

HomeHome  ÏîðòàëÏîðòàë  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mag
Wiser
Wiser
Mag

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2006-04-16

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Empty
PostSubject: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyMon Sep 18, 2006 12:32 pm

Check this out! sunny

<object><param></param><param></param></object>
Back to top Go down
Mag
Wiser
Wiser
Mag

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyMon Sep 18, 2006 12:42 pm

spinflower And some more movie ads:

Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2006-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyMon Sep 18, 2006 10:27 pm

These are from the new movie 'Umrao Jaan'. It is based on the tragic life of a dancer by that name.

The movie is a remake of very famous movie of the same name released in 1981.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083248/

Smile

You know, these days here in India there is a trend of re-making old movies....like soon the remake of the superhit movie 'Don' which starred Amitabh Bachchan is going to be released. Shah Rukh Khan plays Don in this new movie. Wink
Back to top Go down
smetanka
Wiser
Wiser
smetanka

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyTue Sep 19, 2006 7:26 am

Mag, nice to see you here again. I am happy you are back! sunny Very Happy

And whats tragic about the dancer's fate? She dies at the end? Crying or Very sad i love dancing so wil try to watch this movie and not to cry ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyTue Sep 19, 2006 11:43 pm

Umrao Jaan is said to be a renowned 19th century female artist who achieved the pinnacle of glamour and fame, and yet remained deserted by her loved one's.

Her real name was Ameeran. On the very day she was getting engaged, she and her childhood friend Ramdei were kidnapped (both teenagers) from their home in the town of Faizabad as a revenge for family rivalry. They are brought to the city (Lucknow) and Ramdei is sold to a wealthy family as a maid (as she had a fairer complexion than Ameeran) and Ameeran is sold to an old and kind courtesan, Khanum. Here Ameeran is rechristened Umrao and introduced to the world of classical dance and music. She grows up surrounded in rich poetry, music, costume design, playing board games and while all her hopes of reuniting with her own family die a slow death, she gradually begins to identify with this new world and contributes her own talent to it.

She turns out to be a successful courtesan, writing her own poems and achieves instant fame. One of her admirers was one Nawab Sultan, who attracts her as well, and very soon the two fall in love. They stimulate each other intellectually and have a common interest for poetry. Nawab is from a rich and aristocratic family and though his love for Umrao is real he cannot honour it by the sanctity of marriage because after all she is a courtesan. Their idyllic time comes to an abrupt end, when Nawab's mother upon getting news of his son's philandering ways, marries him off to her pretty maid.

Umrao feels so depressed that she runs away from Khanum's establishment with a stranger Fiaz Ali, who turns out to be a dacoit and is very soon slain. Umrao sets up her own small establishment at Kanpur and gets invitations for in-house performances at various Nawab households'. One such invitation lands her at her old lover Sultan's palace, and she is shocked to discover that Sultan is in fact married to her childhood friend Ramdei.

Soon an aide from Khanum's establishment, Mirza, discovers her and asks her to return to Khanum's establishment in Lucknow on the pretext that Khanum is on deathbed. Umrao does return, but only to a trap. Khanum is well and thriving and Umrao is brought back only to be imprisoned in her establishment to restore its dwindling glory. She is forced into a forged marriage with Mirza to prevent her from fleeing the place again.

Just then the Sepoy Mutiny breaks out in Meerut and Umrao is able to slip away from Lucknow and lands up in Faizabad, her birthplace. Here too she re-establishes her career of a courtesan, and gets invitations to perform at mehfils (performances for men) in her very own hometown. She eventually comes face to face with her long lost family, but they no longer accept her! Umrao for them has died, the very day she was kidnapped, forgotten in their minds and the very brother who she had brought up in her arms drives her out of her home without even letting her embrace her mother.

Umrao eventually is left with no choice but to return to her life of a courtesan that fate chose for her. She returns to her original establishment in Lucknow.

The story ends here. So you thought only whites are racist? Smile Just the skin-colour can really take a girl places.
Back to top Go down
smetanka
Wiser
Wiser
smetanka

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 1:59 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad crying I can understand everything but how happened that her OWN family betrayed her.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 3:10 am

Being a dancer..performing for men was not a honourable profession in the society...still isnt. Thats why her family didnt accept her back..since she lost her honour. But of course there was no fault of her.
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

Number of posts : 132107

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 8:44 pm

Mag, thanks a LOT...I love you...it was all very interesting... sunny

savyonok wrote:
Umrao Jaan is said to be a renowned 19th century female artist who achieved the pinnacle of glamour and fame, and yet remained deserted by her loved one's.
Savyonok, was she a real person? Question
I know that the movie was based on the Urdu novel Umrao Jaan Ada (1905), written by Mirza Mohammed Haadi Ruswa...
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 10:04 pm

savyonok wrote:
The movie is a remake of very famous movie of the same name released in 1981.
Couldn't help it...Embarassed...wanted to post pictures from old movie...Razz ...can bet that Rekha was a great Umrao Jaan...would love to watch this movie...Very Happy
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Umraj1Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Umraojaan

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Umrao_Jaan_movie_poster Aishwarya Rai: New Movie B00008OP57.02.LZZZZZZZ

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie UmraoJaan5

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Umraojaan_display
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 22sld1

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 18slid2

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie B25867842
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyWed Sep 20, 2006 10:54 pm

Owlet wrote:
Savyonok, was she a real person?
Yes she was a real person. Based on her life, the novel was written...and based on the novel the movies were made Smile
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

PostSubject: And another new movies...;) :)))   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyThu Sep 21, 2006 12:22 am

From a courtesan behind the veil to a warrior with a sword, Aishwarya Rai will be seen in very contrasting roles in her coming movies.

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 200609171512597

But first it is going to be Ash's portrayal of a battered wife in 'Provoked':
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 36200672538AMprovoked_1Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Proveked230806_1 that will mark her return to the big screen after her last forgettable film 'Mistress Of Spices':
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie AshwariyaraiAishwarya Rai: New Movie Mistress
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 27spice1Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 1Aishwarya Rai: New Movie AishwaryaRai
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 9-largeAishwarya Rai: New Movie 2031_320

The actress is headed to London to promote the Jagmohan Mundhra-directed film, which will be distributed in UK, US and India.

From a tortured housewife, Ash will slip into the garb of a courtesan in J P Dutta's film 'Umrao Jaan', based on the book by Mirza Muhammad Hadi Ruswa. The film will have Ash rendering poetry in chaste Urdu. She will be wearing elegant costumes designed by Abu Jani, Sandeep Khosla and Anna Singh. The film tells the story of a young woman's struggle in a Muslim household, her penchant for poetry, her unrequited love, and her disenchantment from life. 'Umrao Jaan' is set to release in mid-October.

After this, we will see Ash take the great leap and step into the shoes of a Byzantine warrior in the Hollywood movie 'The Last Legion', which is set against the backdrop of the fall of Rome in 476 AD. The film will have Ash riding horses, stalking her enemies and fighting with swords.
In the initial parts of her role in the film, Ash will be seen as a black-clad Byzantine warrior, who joins a group of faithfuls to rescue the captive Roman emperor.
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Aishwarya_Rai_The_Last_Legion_1Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Tg006m
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyThu Sep 21, 2006 2:14 am

savyonok wrote:
Yes she was a real person. Based on her life, the novel was written...and based on the novel the movies were made Smile
Thanks Savyonok, I haven't come across anybody mentioning it...Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
smetanka
Wiser
Wiser
smetanka

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyThu Sep 21, 2006 6:16 am

Oh really Owlet?? Shocked ....Ash with a sword ? pirat Thats going to be pretty nice change....but sure some male warrior wil fall in love with her Wink and they sing and dance near the ruins of Rome... Very Happy
If saying seriously Owlet, you know who else is starring in that movie? Someone known?
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyThu Sep 21, 2006 1:14 pm

smetanka wrote:
...and they sing and dance near the ruins of Rome... Very Happy
No, Smetanka, they are not gonna sing and dance near the ruins of Rome...Laughing...it's Hollywood movie, not Bollywood!!! Wink Razz
smetanka wrote:
...you know who else is starring in that movie? Someone known?
Actor Colin Firth Aishwarya Rai: New Movie 257859_b~Colin-Firth-Posters plays a legionary named Aurelius:
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Film05cap002m
He discovers that the person behind the black clothing is a young, beautiful woman called Mira (Ash)...Wink Razz

Oscar winning actor Ben Kingsley, who plays the emperor's mentor in the film, has already lavished praises on Aishwarya for her acting skills and her beauty. Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Tg002m

'The Last Legion' is slated to release on January 19, 2007
Back to top Go down
smetanka
Wiser
Wiser
smetanka

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyThu Sep 21, 2006 11:25 pm

Wow i like Colin Firth! Embarassed Wink Lets see what they going to make out of this movie...I will surely try to watch it. Cool
By the way dont u think they made Ash looking more like Jolie in this movie?...maybe i am wrong... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyFri Sep 22, 2006 2:12 am

smetanka wrote:
By the way dont u think they made Ash looking more like Jolie in this movie?...maybe i am wrong... Rolling Eyes
Yes, I also was thinking about that...WinkAishwarya Rai: New Movie Ar5...let's see how she looks in the movie...Very Happy ...looks like she is in a good company...Wink Cool

Not very good pictures, but give some idea about the movie...Wink:
Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Tg027mAishwarya Rai: New Movie Tg024m
*****************Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Ap16922m
Back to top Go down
Mag
Wiser
Wiser
Mag

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyTue Sep 26, 2006 11:25 am

Wow, Smetanka thank you for the welcome! Very Happy

Savyonok, I really didn't know anything about the story of that movie, that was quite interesting. But tragic indeed.. Crying or Very sad I guess I'd want to watch both old with Rekha and new with Aishwarya cause seems that they both look great!

Owlet, I wish I could find a movie online but there's a music clip from old Umrao Jaan with Rekha and she's simply gorgeous: Cool

Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyTue Sep 26, 2006 10:18 pm

This is the tragic moment of the movie when Umrao Jaan discovers that her beloved Nawab was actually married to her childhood sister and she was invited to perform for them.

This is a famous ghazal sung by Asha Bhosle...here are the lyrics:

justjoo jis kee thi usko to na paaya humne
is bahane se magar dekh li duniyaan humne

What I desired I couldnt get
But for its sake, I have seen the world

tujh ko ruswa na kiya, khud bhi pasheman na huye
ishq ki rasm ko is tarah se nibhaya hum ne

I didnt dishonour you, nor I did repent
The ritual of love, I performed this way

kab mili thi, kaha bichadi thi, humen yaad nahi
zindagi tujh ko to bas khwaab mein dekhaa humne

When did I get, when I lost, I dont remember
Oh Life, I just saw you in my dreams

aye adaa aur sunaaye bhee to kyaa haal apna
umr kaa lamba safar, tay kiya tanhaa hum ne

What more can my expressions tell about its condition
The long travel of life, I made all alone.
Back to top Go down
smetanka
Wiser
Wiser
smetanka

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyWed Sep 27, 2006 1:13 am

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Eule
Nestler
Nestler
Eule

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2006-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyMon Oct 02, 2006 8:15 am

Thanks Mag for posting these news. Now I am curious to watch Ash's latest movies. She had all my respects as Paro in "Devdas" and now I am curious to see her as a curtisane Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Mag
Wiser
Wiser
Mag

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 10:28 am

At least now we can watch bits of the movie hurray

Back to top Go down
Mag
Wiser
Wiser
Mag

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 11:09 am

And finally there's at least old Umrao Jaan with Rekha, not translated but Savyonok has already told us the story, so if anyone wants to watch, it's a link to part 1, the rest is easy to find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gHJ9elDNDg
Back to top Go down
Mag
Wiser
Wiser
Mag

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptyFri Nov 17, 2006 11:56 am

Who wants to watch the new Umrao Jaan but awful video quality and no subtitles then here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHDYMeaBmts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57yBt9lX-d4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJDoBl_jv0w

Maybe with better image and translation it'd be interesting, but like this I found it too boring... or is it really?... neutral
Back to top Go down
Mag
Wiser
Wiser
Mag

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie EmptySat Nov 18, 2006 1:58 pm

The ad of the Last Legion.. I've got a feeling that I won't like this movie much too.... Suspect

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aishwarya Rai: New Movie   Aishwarya Rai: New Movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Aishwarya Rai: New Movie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next