Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest

Your Online Nestle

HomeHome  ÏîðòàëÏîðòàë  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who women marry...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

Number of posts : 132107
Registration date : 2006-04-06

Who women marry... Empty
PostSubject: Who women marry...   Who women marry... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 2:58 am

Found it on the net...didn't have time to read...thought of posting it here that I could read it when I have time for it...WinkRazz

Women marry men who look like dad...
Women tend to choose husbands who look like their fathers - even if they are adopted, reveals a new study.

The research shows that women use their dads as a template for picking a mate by a process called "sexual imprinting", says Tamas Bereczkei at the University of Pécs in Hungary and colleagues.

Husbands and wives have long been suggested to look alike and this is known to occur in many animal species. Couples that look like each other are also more likely to share common genes, and having a degree of similarity is believed to beneficial.

This might explain the study's findings, suggests Glenn Weisfeld, one of the research team and a human ethologist at Wayne State University, Detroit, US "There seems to be an advantage for animals to select a mate somewhat similar to themselves genetically," he told New Scientist.

"One good possibility is that there are some fortuitous genetic combinations which are retained in the offspring if both parents are similar," he says. "In humans there is evidence to show a lower rate of miscarriage."

However, he points out that there is a balance between the benefits of marrying someone genetically close and the harmful effects of inbreeding. "There seems to be an ideal balance, maybe around the first or second cousin point."
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2006-04-06

Who women marry... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who women marry...   Who women marry... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 3:58 am

Very interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
yulika
Guardian
Guardian
yulika

Number of posts : 3701
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Who women marry... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who women marry...   Who women marry... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 9:38 am

Owlet wrote:
Found it on the net...didn't have time to read...thought of posting it here that I could read it when I have time for it...WinkRazz

Women marry men who look like dad...
Women tend to choose husbands who look like their fathers - even if they are adopted, reveals a new study.
Yeah, and there has been one more research carried out claiming that men tend to marry women who look like their mothers Razz as for me, I would not say that my fiance looks like my father but he says that I do look like his mom (I'd say she looks more like my mom than me) and that I take after her in some other things. Well she is a great woman, I'd love to learn many things from her in future.
Back to top Go down
Sova
Flyer
Flyer
Sova

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2006-06-18

Who women marry... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who women marry...   Who women marry... EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:45 am

My husband doesn't look like my father at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Who women marry... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who women marry...   Who women marry... EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 9:22 pm

what about black and white husband and wife?

do they also look same?

which formula works here?
Back to top Go down
http://productivnost.narod.ru
Sponsored content

Who women marry... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who women marry...   Who women marry... Empty

Back to top Go down

Who women marry...
Page 1 of 1