Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest

Your Online Nestle

HomeHome  ÏîðòàëÏîðòàë  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rang de Basanti

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:45 pm

I love this song. I guess its a Siks's prayer. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
http://productivnost.narod.ru
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Ik Onkaar Sat Naam Kartaa Purakh Nirbh-a-o Nirvair Akaal Moorat Ajoonee Saibhn Gur Parsaad Jap.
Aad Sach Jugaad Sach.
Hai Bhee Sach Naanak Hosee Bhee Sach.
Sochai Soch Naa Hov-a-ee Jay Sochee Lakh Vaar.
Chupai Chup Naa Hov-a-ee Jay Laa-i Rahaa Liv Taar.
Bhukhi-aa Bhukh Naa Utree Jay Bannaa Puree-aa Bhaar.
Sehas Si-aanpaa Lakh Hoh Taa Ik Naa Chalai Naal.
Kiv Sachi-aaraa Ho-ee-ai Kiv Koorhai Tutai Paal.
Hukam Rajaa-ee Chalnaa Naanak Likhi-aa Naal

IK Onkaar Sat Naam Kartaa Purakh Nirbh-a-o Nirvair Akaal Moorat Ajoonee Saibhn Gur Parsaad

There Is But One God. True Is His Name, Creative His Personality And Immortal His Form. He Is Without Fear Sans Enmity, Unborn And Self-illumined. By The Guru's Grace He Is Obtained.Jap.
Embrace His Meditation.

Aad Sach Jugaad Sach.
True In The Prime, True In The Beginning Of Ages,

Hai Bhee Sach Naanak Hosee Bhee Sach.
True He Is Even Now And True He Verily, Shall Be, O Nanak!

Sochai Soch Naa Hov-a-ee Jay Sochee Lakh Vaar.
By Pondering On God, Man Cannot Have A Conception Of Him, Even Though He May Ponder Over Lacs Of Times.

Chupai Chup Naa Hov-a-ee Jay Laa-i Rahaa Liv Taar.
Even Though One Be Silent And Remains Absorbed In Lord's Constant Love He Obtains Not Mind's Silence.

Bhukhi-aa Bhukh Naa Utree Jay Bannaa Puree-aa Bhaar.
The Hunger Of The Hungry Departs Not, Even Though They May Pile Up Loads Of The World's Valuables.

Sehas Si-aanpaa Lakh Hoh Taa Ik Naa Chalai Naal.
Man May Possess Thousands And Lacs Of Wits, But Not Even One (goes With Him) Avails Him In The Lord's Court.

Kiv Sachi-aaraa Ho-ee-ai Kiv Koorhai Tutai Paal.
How Can We Be True And How Can The Screen Of Untruth Be Rent?

Hukam Rajaa-ee Chalnaa Naanak Likhi-aa Naal.
O Nanak! By Obeying, The Pre-ordained Order Of The Lord's Will
Back to top Go down
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Rang De Basanti (2006)
Rang de Basanti' is a film about awakening. About standing up for ones beliefs. Where the spirit of rebellion transcends time and age. A young idealistic English filmmaker, Sue, arrives in India to make a film on Indian revolutionaries Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad and their contemporaries and their fight for freedom from the British Raj. Owing to a lack of funds, she recruits students from Delhi University to act in her docu-drama. She finds DJ (Aamir Khan), who passed out five years back but still wants to be a part of the University because he doesn't think there's too much out there in the real world to look forward to. Karan (Siddharth), the son of Industrialist Rajnath Singhania, who shares an uncomfortable relationship with his father, but continues to live off him, albeit very grudgingly. Aslam (Kunal Kapoor), is a middle class Muslim boy, who lives in the bylanes near Jama Masjid, poet, philosopher and guide to his friends. Sukhi (Sharman Joshi), the group's baby, innocent, vulnerable and with a weakness for only one thing - girls. Laxman Pandey (Atul Kulkarni), the fundamentalist in the group, the only one who still believes that politics can make the world a better place and finally Sonia (Soha Ali Khan) - the sole girl in the group, tomboy and vivacious spirit, engaged to Ajay (Madhavan) - the dashing air pilot. These youngsters could be anyone of us today and their lives mirror the kind of lives the youth of today lead - namely a self centered and materialistic existence where ideas like patriotism and making a change are strictly the stuff history books are made of. Through her film, Sue wishes to showcase to the world the efforts of these young revolutionaries and the enormity of their contribution to the freedom movement in India. What unfolds is the inspiration behind Sue's passion for bringing their story to the world. The twist in the tale is of course the fact that more than just telling the world, Sue's film makes DJ and his friends stop and stare at themselves for being the actual descendants of these great men and never recognizing and celebrating their courage and spirit. The film thus doubles as a narrative on the changes in perspective and values the young boys and girls acting in her documentary go through as they shoot for the film. Few scenes from the past and present are juxtaposed against each other, which renders a unique slick treatment, which serves to showcase the slow change in mindset and attitude that overcomes the group through the process of the film. 'Rang de Basanti' is a youthful drama, yet light hearted in the moments that the group shares amongst themselves... before some incidents effect a serious change...which ends in the climax.
Back to top Go down
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:22 pm

funny moments of the movie hurray
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

Number of posts : 132107
Registration date : 2006-04-06

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptySat May 10, 2008 12:42 am

MG_ wrote:
I love this song. I guess its a Siks's prayer. Am I right?
Yes, very beautiful and the song is great...they mention Guru Nanak and maybe other gurus...but don't know if it's a kirtan...scratch
Back to top Go down
Civetta
Elder
Elder
Civetta

Number of posts : 2095
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:24 am

Rita, well done!! Good job!!!
The last episode it is something incrediable!!!
hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray
Back to top Go down
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:14 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2006/01/27/alice_patten_rang_de_basanti_2006_interview.shtml

Following in the footsteps of Sophie Dahl, Toby Stephens and even Emma Bunton, 26-year-old Alice Patten is the latest Brit to make a debut in a big-budget Bollywood feature film. The youngest daughter of former Conservative politician and Governor of Hong Kong, Lord Chris Patten, she's starred in TV shows such as Charles II: The Pride And Passion, Jonathan Creek and Midsummer Murders. But now she's bagged a rather unusual big-screen role in Rang De Basanti (Paint It Saffron), acting and singing in Hindi alongside Oscar-nominated actor/producer Aamir Khan, India's answer to Tom Cruise.

How does a Cambridge graduate turned thespian end up bagging a romantic lead role opposite one of Bollywood's biggest superstars?

A script came through for me to look at and I liked the plot. It's a well-written contemporary story and my character has depth. So I auditioned in the normal way after which they flew me out to Mumbai for a screen test with Aamir and the whole crew, plus costume fittings. When I came back I was told I got the part and had to leave within three days to begin a five-month shoot. It was a complete whirlwind!

How familiar were you with Bollywood before working on Rang De Basanti?
I'd watched a few films but I really didn't have an idea of how big Bollywood is in India until I saw it first hand. I think it's impossible to understand just what films mean out there. It's a huge part of Indian culture. But awareness of the industry is growing around the world, especially here in Britain where the interest in huge.

What did you father, Lord Patten, think?
Oh he was also happy for me. Like the parent of any actor he's pleased as along as I'm working.

Is director Rakeysh Mehra trying to convey any political message?

There are parallels all the way through the film of the pre-independence and contemporary situation in India. In the film I recruit a group of university students to play the roles of real-life revolutionaries, even though they don't identify with the characters or have a full understanding of their own history. They know little about their forefathers who fought for the rights they take for granted now. Basanti means saffron, a colour in the Indian national flag that signifies sacrifice.

Did you have to change your style of acting to suit Bollywood's more melodramatic feel?

No I didn't actually. Occasionally there were moments where I could feel I was being more quirky and subtle, or I played down things. I just wanted to be realistic and truthful and most of the story is like that so it seemed right.

When did you realise the level of stardom associated with your leading man Aamir Khan?

I knew he was famous before I went out there and had seen him in Lagaan, but I didn't have any idea of what it was going to be like. It's only when you notice how people talk about a person that you realise how important or famous they are. Everyone looked up to Aamir including the younger actors. He's a lovely man, incredibly generous and funny. Considering what his life is like he's so down to earth and real and works incredibly hard.

Is it true you had to learn Hindi for your role?

Yes. I probably speak Hindi in 75% of the film. mouth drop hurray hurray I studied modern languages at university so luckily it wasn't too difficult. But I made a huge effort to sound as good as it could be, as the more I felt confident with it, the better I thought I could act. Hopefully Indian audiences will be able to understand me!

RESPECT!!!!!!!!

As female lead were you assigned the traditional "spot boy"?

I was offered one but found all of that a little strange. They do everything for you, from holding your mirror when you're doing your makeup to shading you with an umbrella. As a lead actor you notice your status more. The way the people look up to you is astonishing. Everyone was so polite and respectful. But I'm sure they all thought I was mad saying please and thank you 19 times a day!

Bollywood has a reputation for its haphazard style of filmmaking. How did you cope?

It was surprisingly organised actually. We had a bound script and lots of rehearsals before hand. But you do have to be more patient. There's a lot of hanging about on set, and crowds of people appear from out of nowhere and try and get in the shot, especially when you have a big actor like Aamir around. But it eventually all comes together and works well, just like the whole of India really.

Would you recommend Bollywood to other aspiring British actors looking to get a break in the movies?

Definitely. It's good to test yourself as an actor, push a few boundaries and do exciting new things that scare you. Bollywood is certainly an adventure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rang de Basanti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rang de Basanti   Rang de Basanti Empty

Back to top Go down

Rang de Basanti
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest :: Bird Multiplex :: Cinema Cinema-
Jump to: