Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest

Your Online Nestle

HomeHome  ÏîðòàëÏîðòàë  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Islam

Go down 
+3
sovenok
MG_
savyonok
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sovenok
Guardian
Guardian
sovenok

Number of posts : 3280
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Islam   Islam EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 7:25 am

Let me tell u a little bit about myself..

I am russian, christian. My mum is christian, dad is muslim. Dad never belives in any religion, he is atheist... Mum does believe. I do believe too.
I was born and brought up in mixed family, the question of religion was always important between my parents.. its not that someone is against muslim or christianity,not at all.. my lovely parents always say that its not the question of religion, but it is the question of culture. not the culture of nationality, but the culture of ur oqn, how u live, how u think, how u behave.
I do completely agree with them. I believe in GOD, not religion, but still we have to follow some rules in our belief, dont we?
Since childhood my parents have been telling me about all cultures, traditions and religions on this planet. they never forced to follow something, but still mum thought that its better for us (me and sister) if we r in christianity. not islam, because of everything is happening in this world.

But I am so curious that I had to know more about Islam, why do muslim fight? What for?

I just wanted to know ur opinion about islam...

And I would like to share mine....
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2006-04-06

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 10:34 pm

I think the core of the issue with Islam is their religious unity and the fact that religion takes a supreme role in everybody's life. And nobody questions any order or demand that comes from the priests or religious heads. As a result, the ancient Holy War (Jehad) took a form as we see today. I personally do not see how any war could be a solution to any human problem.

Let me know what you think Smile
Back to top Go down
MG_
Elder
Elder
MG_

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 8:40 pm

I have a good muslim lady friend and she always tries to convert me to islam. because as per islam rules, if i becomes muslim she will go to paradise automatically Smile pirat
Back to top Go down
http://productivnost.narod.ru
sovenok
Guardian
Guardian
sovenok

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 11:44 pm

MG_ wrote:
I have a good muslim lady friend and she always tries to convert me to islam. because as per islam rules, if i becomes muslim she will go to paradise automatically Smile pirat
Ya Smile Perhaps it is the main reason why they are going crazy? scratch
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

Number of posts : 1841

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 pm

sovenok wrote:
Ya Smile Perhaps it is the main reason why they are going crazy?
lol!
Back to top Go down
Civetta
Elder
Elder
Civetta

Number of posts : 2095
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 am

sovenok wrote:
Let me tell u a little bit about myself..
But I am so curious that I had to know more about Islam, why do muslim fight? What for?

Check this site, maybe you will find something interesting
http://www.islamonline.net/english/index.shtml
Back to top Go down
Owlet
Guardian
Guardian
Owlet

Number of posts : 132108

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 1:52 am

sovenok wrote:
... dad is muslim....I am so curious that I had to know more about Islam, why do muslim fight? What for?
What does your dad think about that? Wink

sovenok
Guardian
Guardian
sovenok

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 2:01 am

Owlet wrote:
sovenok wrote:
... dad is muslim....I am so curious that I had to know more about Islam, why do muslim fight? What for?
What does your dad think about that? Wink
Dad is saying its quite easy to understand Razz

they r psycho Rolf Rolf Rolf
Back to top Go down
vinny
Guardian
Guardian
vinny

Number of posts : 44266
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 2:17 am

sovenok wrote:
dad is muslim. Dad never belives in any religion, he is atheist... Mum does believe. I do believe too.
....they never forced to follow something, but still mum thought that its better for us (me and sister) if we r in christianity. not islam, because of everything is happening in this world.
I just wanted to know ur opinion about islam...
And I would like to share mine....
hello = Smile
above you wrote that you know about Islam. but it means that you have to know that Islam refuse an atheism. it is imposibble to think that muslim can be an atheist. so your father probably is an atheist but not muslim. muslim will always try to put his children under the God's wings, to tell his children about God's kind, about the trust to Allah with open heart at every point and step on a way He gave us.

would you like to explain - why your mother tell you that be Christian is better that be muslim? what is awful in this world to be muslim?

you know the real muslim? who is always ready to help people in need, who is living with open heart and mind?

problem is that muslims are follow straight by their faith. there is no doubt that God is above us.
why do you think that muslim is fighting? where is the prove that muslim come first to fight?
do you think that your father, who is muslim, is also fight?
Back to top Go down
sovenok
Guardian
Guardian
sovenok

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 2:48 am

Hi vinny=)

Ya i know what u r talking about, but plz gimme some time, ill answer u..
just sooooo busy
Back to top Go down
Abhi09
Elder
Elder
Abhi09

Number of posts : 1876
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:29 am

I was going through the posts and found it interesting to have some words from me too.

When it comes to religions and their supermacy, the discussion would be endless. The important thing is the faith we have. Religion is guiding principles we live by since we born. Leading lives without principles would be like roaming without aim. We have be within laws, some guiding principles which led us to some meaningful journey. We have got parents and gurus who guide us from childhood.They tell us what is good and what is bad. They think of our welfare too. But with time we may not their company for life long. We still need some source which guide us in our path. The religion and it's teachings stood there.

There are a lot of things mention in religioue books and also interpreted by the so called guard of religion (i.e religious priests). Before following them we still need some consience.
Blind faith is always harmful and may ruin one's life.

Islam, as I have seen is a nice religion. They are not as libral as other religions. It is quite evident that libralisation dilutes principles. Islam teaches strict disciplin to it's followers, both in domestic and social life. It also teaches social and religious harmony amonst it's followers. It tells it's people to abstain from sins and regard women folk equal to men. Yeh, it's also true that some of the fundamentalist leaders interpret it the other way and try to impose their grey idiologies. What is required is that we shouldn't go by person's words but by the teaching of religious books. Superfacial knowledge is always dangerous. Smile
Back to top Go down
vinny
Guardian
Guardian
vinny

Number of posts : 44266
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Islam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Islam   Islam EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:56 pm

what is your religion, Abhi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content