Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest

Your Online Nestle

HomeHome  ÏîðòàëÏîðòàë  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E-library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Civetta
Elder
Elder
Civetta

Number of posts : 2095
Registration date : 2007-12-03

E-library Empty
PostSubject: E-library   E-library EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 12:06 am

Hello!
I fond of reading! But in Moscow so difficult to find a really interesting books in English, so there is only one way for me to download books via Internet or buy it during travellings. Lets begin to creat e-library bit by bit for these ppl who is living in non-english speaking countires.

Yesterday was a lucky day for me bcz I got two novels which I wanted to read.

Does anybody know Khaled Hosseini? He's a writer from Afghanistan.
His novels A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner are absolutely fantastic.

The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner of Khaled Hosseini's deeply moving fiction debut is an illiterate Afghan boy with an uncanny instinct for predicting exactly where a downed kite will land. Growing up in the city of Kabul in the early 1970s, Hassan was narrator Amir's closest friend even though the loyal 11-year-old with "a face like a Chinese doll" was the son of Amir's father's servant and a member of Afghanistan's despised Hazara minority. But in 1975, on the day of Kabul's annual kite-fighting tournament, something unspeakable happened between the two boys. Narrated by Amir, a 40-year-old novelist living in California, The Kite Runner tells the gripping story of a boyhood friendship destroyed by jealousy, fear, and the kind of ruthless evil that transcends mere politics. Running parallel to this personal narrative of loss and redemption is the story of modern Afghanistan and of Amir's equally guilt-ridden relationship with the war-torn city of his birth. The first Afghan novel to be written in English, The Kite Runner begins in the final days of King Zahir Shah's 40-year reign and traces the country's fall from a secluded oasis to a tank-strewn battlefield controlled by the Russians and then the trigger-happy Taliban. When Amir returns to Kabul to rescue Hassan's orphaned child, the personal and the political get tangled together in a plot that is as suspenseful as it is taut with feeling. The son of an Afghan diplomat whose family received political asylum in the United States in 1980, Hosseini combines the unflinching realism of a war correspondent with the satisfying emotional pull of master storytellers such as Rohinton Mistry. Like the kite that is its central image, the story line of this mesmerizing first novel occasionally dips and seems almost to dive to the ground. But Hosseini ultimately keeps everything airborne until his heartrending conclusion in an American picnic park.

http://rapidshare.com/files/67802603/The_Kite_Runner.zip

A Thousand Splendid Suns

A Thousand Splendid Suns tells the story two women against the background of the last forty years in Afghanistan. Mariam was born an illegitimate child in 1959 and was married off to a man from Kabul when she was 15. Her husband was abusive and cruel and he forced her to wear a burqa even though many liberal women in Kabul were free to go without it. Laila was born just before the Russian invasion and had dreams of a life of education and travel. A bomb kills most of her family and she recovers from her wounds in Mariam's house. While the woman bond, Mariam's husband has his eyes on Laila. With the emergence of the Taliban, the women have few options, if any. The second novel from Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner) has received mostly positive reviews with the Rocky Mountain News saying, "A Thousand Splendid Suns is an important, provocative work. The rich and violent history of Afghanistan provides a backdrop that informs and saturates the story. Hosseini's characters, Mariam and Laila, are unforgettable; their compassion for each other and love for their children is devastating. Hosseini has succeeded in writing another epic tale, a novel not to be missed."

http://rapidshare.com/files/67800467/A_Tho...lendid_Suns.rar
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2006-04-06

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 1:43 am

Have you read Paolo Coelho? study
Back to top Go down
Civetta
Elder
Elder
Civetta

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 2:19 am

savyonok wrote:
Have you read Paolo Coelho? study
Yes, of course
Why you asked?
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 4:58 am

Veronica decides to die - Paolo Coelho

Veronika decides to kill herself when faced with all that is wrong with the world and how powerless she feels to change anything. Although she survives her initial suicide attempt, she is committed to a mental hospital where she begins to wrestle with the meaning of mental illness and her tentative future.

http://rapidshare.de/files/38385174/Paulo_Coelho_-_Veronika_Decides_To_Die.pdf.html
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 4:59 am

Eleven minutes - Paolo Coelho

The philosophy of sex and life discovered by a prostitute named Maria in her biographical story beginning with childhood dreams till adventurous adulthood.

http://rapidshare.de/files/38385180/Eleven_Minutes.pdf.html
Back to top Go down
Civetta
Elder
Elder
Civetta

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:17 am

Hi Neel,
I read eleven min maybe year ago or maybe two (in Russian)
as for Veronica decides to die I read just a few pages and decided that I dont want to read it till the end No

Have you e-books by indian writers, would be great to have it
Back to top Go down
savyonok
Elder
Elder
savyonok

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 am

Are there any specific indian authors you are looking for? I may search.
Back to top Go down
Civetta
Elder
Elder
Civetta

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:45 am

savyonok wrote:
Are there any specific indian authors you are looking for? I may search.
for.exe. anurag mathur inscrutable Americans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

E-library Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-library   E-library Empty

Back to top Go down

E-library
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sovyatnik - The Owl's Nest :: Bird Wisdom :: Truths across the Universe-
Jump to: